The Junior Finance & Billing Specialist is responsible for the maintenance of financial records and performs related bookkeeping tasks. This staff is accountable of the administration of billing and accounts receivables of the company’s customers including management of all purchase orders for selected vendors as designated by the Chief of Admin and Finance.
- Maintains Financial Records
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Update Project Tracker regularly to ensure monitoring of project revenue and cost variances
- Maintain accurate, thorough and organized project folders and filing system.
- Maintain collection activity log
- Performs Financial Tasks
- Setup of customer and vendor accounts
- Prepare and issue customer invoices
- Enter finalized invoices into the accounts receivable database to update customer accounts
- Prepare and Issue Purchase Orders to Vendors.
- Record accounts receivable and update vendor accounts
- Manage aged accounts
- Initiation and reconciliation of billing per contract
- Accurately input revenue transactions
- Administer collection activities such as follow-up inquiries, negotiating with past due accounts
- Cross–functional office team member
- Issue weekly management reports
- Must be able to work closely with internal and external customers to resolve any collection issues or disputes to facilitate the collection of receivables in a timely manner
- Prepare and make bank deposits
- Other duties include special projects as directed.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS:
Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or relevant work experience.
1-3 years in the field of Accounting or Finance.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Working closely with all areas of the business, the individual must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment; working independently and/or as part of a team.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his/her work product.
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Interact with internal and external customers to resolve issues tactfully and timely.
- International billing experience a plus.
- Intermediate experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time.
- Ability to accurately and completely process a high volume of transactions each week.